Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday Time is Ticking. . . .

Ok so I promise I won't mention the time in every blog post from here on out! But it will be a big part of it! Guys, I am freaking out! All of a sudden, the calendar caught up to me and I now realize how short my time is!

8 wks. is really the blink of an eye! I got my college roommate assignment today - I am living in 200 Church which is a program house for freshman who are committed to fighting racism and oppression and stuff like that, so I am pretty excited! Although all of this is crazy b/c it is really putting things in perspective - ---- ok - ----- so I just had to make a phone call home and get off some of the excitement off of my chest!!!!!!!

I have had the best best best best day!!!! I just feel like I have a million things to do - I don't even know where to begin or start!! Let me tell you about some of the best things in my life now!!!!!!

So here goes:

1) I have an awesome new penpal from Wesleyan University - where I am going in the fall. She is soooo nice and an incoming freshman like me. She is from Boston and is interning this summer with the Boston Globe. Last summer she had a fellowship dealing with the foster care system. She is really nice and really awesome - and I need to find time to write back and be a decent pen pal!!!

2) I now like to go on walks during breaks at work - so I just take these short walks during different breaks and it is a great activity during the day. Helps with focus too I am sure! No more problems with that :)

3) It rains here a lot and I like it a lot - I don't even use an umbrella - I just let it rain on me!! The rain is different a lot and it is not too hard - but when it pours - it really pours!!!

4) I may go to this awesome S. African art exhibition this wkend in Hyderabad - at this huge palace and it is this huge deal!! Craziness!!!!

5) I get a vehicle reserved for an entire day w/ an ICRISAT driver so I am planning whole day to do whatever I want to see in Hyderabad on a Saturday!!!! (With a personal driver, of course!!! Can't get any safer than that!!!!!)

6) I met w/ people from U. of Delaware who are here - leaving tomorrow though. Such nice and friendly professsors and I got the card of the Economics one - he is so awesome - today I talked w/ him and one of my helpers at wk. and the man said so many nice things! They both did! Everyone is so helpful to me - that is why I owe it to them all to complete a good final report.

7) I also met the students from the U. of D. and the girls were sooooo nice - I wish they were here interning!!! They just graduated from college - 2 of them knew friends who just graduated from Wesleyan and the U.D. professors were so excited for me!!!!

8) I am getting pretty excited for me too w/ all these new happenings in life!!!

9) I have so many helpers at work - so many people who just help me soooo much - get me info./data/resources/ ===== just what I need!!!! It is miraculous all the awesome info. I got today for my report!!!

10) I got woken up at 4:30 in the morn by a wicked mosquiter bite on my foot and haven't slept since and I am so charged up!!!! I have so much to do - I feel I could just stay up and up and up and work on things - but then I would not be as productive tomorrow so I need to do some calming exercises or something!! (A shower will help with that!) I would stay up like I want to really late but that would break priority # 1: ahhhhkk! Stinking health! Means a somewhat acceptable nights sleep! Can't I just sleep on the plane ride? If I stay up till then maybe I can get everything amazing in!!

11) I have allllllll these new pics. from the village - so the WFP will be happy to have more pics of me with the farmers - and the kids - and my beautiful flowers!!!! (the kids brought me!!)

12) Hoping everyone on the great ride across Iowa is riding safe and making smart decisions! Go Uncle Bob go!! (And brother Josh.. . .for a day or so!?!?) And anyone else too! Bring in some funds Bankston!!

13) Too much more to tell - I better wait for tomorrow!!!

14) Love, EXCITEMENT!!!, Joy, Peace, Bliss, Rain :)

15) Ahhh, India.

16) p.s. you stay away from me tonight mosquitos - ya hear!?!? come on mosquito net, do your job!! :) ;) ;) ;) :)

17) Gooooooooooodnight! Have a great fantastic day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment