Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th, Continued

Celebrating the Fourth of July in India! (No fireworks necessary, just beautiful singing voices and dance moves!) Just in case this video doesn't work (good possibility!), you can view the two short video clips online. I have them linked here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3ugLidI_6M and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZEPSQfgRWQ !!! You have to check them out - they were a lot of fun!!! One is a patriotic songs combo and the other is the singing and dancing and swimming masterpiece. We had a lot of fun this afternoon celebrating the fourth of July. . .in India!

We were going to go to the gym before the pool party, but it was closed because it is a Sunday, so we instead went on a long walk in the warm afternoon sun. Claire showed us (Kristin and I) her gardens that she works in during part of her internship work here. Claire is with the WFPrize like me, and Kristin is just out of college doing a summer internship. She attended University of California - Berkeley for her college years. Then we went to the pool and waited for our friends to arrive! We were so happy that both Rosha and Anupa came to swim with us and join in our pool party fun! Rosha taped the singing debut and Anupa bashfully stepped out after feeling disrespectful she did not know the words to our "America songs!" However, everyone was back in full force for the synchronized dancing in the pool that we coordinated with the song lyrics: "Mama Mia!" (The song was Anupa's choice - Anupa is from India - she knew the words and I did not!!)

We then came back to our rooms before supper to shower and get ready. Next was another really really exciting time!!! I was able to talk to some fam. at Grandma's b-day celebration. However, the video was not working so well the first time. That was funny, because I had just gotten in the door from my pilgrimage to the church and was sweaty. I didn't know who was all there looking at me because I couldn't see them! Then they sent me a picture so I could see the crew around the laptop. After Becca worked her magic, though, the video was top-notch quality and so much fun to see everyone and talk to them too! I got to talk with both Grandma and Grandpa and a bunch of other family also! Madeline (my adorable niece) and I enjoyed blowing kisses to each other and Ella (my wonderful godmother's daughter) and I enjoyed making faces at each other! I just love my family and am so happy I was able to talk with them all - it was special - they made me feel like I got to celebrate with them.

So tomorrow is the beginning of another work week and I think I am ready to go. I have had such a fun weekend, so that helps with the mental preparation. I am really blessed to be having all of these experiences and to be here for the summer. It is an incredible opportunity and I am so grateful to everyone who made this possible: Norman Borlaug, John Ruan, everyone with the WFP (Lisa!), Mr. Schramm, my parents and family, other teachers Mr. Kurt and Mrs. McDermott who proofread my application materials, and more!

After such a great day, I then was able to call my Nan and talk to her also! That was so nice and I realize I am pretty luckly with the way the time zones work out. It could be a lot worse for me, and it actually works out great with the 10.5 hr. difference! Alright, I will keep you posted on the new workweek activities!

All for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment