Friday, July 23, 2010

Day One of Village Visit - Still Continued :)

Well, here I am, still on the 15th. So I then was able to explain to my friend the whole chai thing. You see when coming to India, I was so excited about the tea. Well, ok with it at least. I like herbal tea - don't have it a lot, but it's all good. I did not know the chai here that is most popular is the milk-based kind :) I was able to explain to her how I don't have the most dairy products - with a little lactose sensitivity in me(I actually had tp have goat's milk for a time as a babe), so I was happy she would understand that. I didn't want to offend! She actually said she had the same thing and didn't do too much with the dairy products either!
The field investigator who had to fly back from Delhi to be with me is a wonderful man! He really has such love for his farmers and his villages. His work is such a vocation to him, it is inspiring.
I am happy the food situation is good, even on the road. I am able to discern what I think is safe and pick it up along the way, so that is wonderful! Ok on the stomach :)
Feeling so thankful to God now for all of His wonderous help he has given me today. At one point today, my companions asked if I was excited for college next year. I answered very passively, "Yes." They laughed I sounded so unexcited, and then I got thinking about heading off in the fall. That is a whole other world right now, you know? I started thinking about being 20 hrs. from home and saying bye to mom and dad just when saying hello again. So, that is something that will be really hard and that I am not looking forward to now, but such is life. "If He brings you to it, He can bring you through it!"
Oh yeah: news flash: trip is cut short: leaving Mon. morning for ICRISAT instead of Tuesday.
Learned two new words: how to say hi to old man and boy I think they are: old man = Chit-chaw and boy = javith . . . (again, way wrong spellings!)
ok, more tomorrow - the 2nd great day in a land far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment