Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 3, Continued

Here is the yellow Ganesh statue I spoke of earlier!
I had a good afternoon and was able to get some done on my college to-do list. I began to request classes for next year and . . . oh man! There are sooooo many that interest me! I am very very excited. I am trying to keep in mind that I will be writing my 20 pg. World Food Prize paper during the fall semester in picking my classes - if that will at all influence me. One of the classes I was considering had a couple 6 pg. research papers and a 15 pger also. So maybe I will save that class for the spring semester and instead go with an Econ. class. Oh the possiblilities!
I checked out the gym today and it was great! I am going to make that a habit b/c it was a lot of fun and then the best part is you can cool off in the pool that is just out the door! One of my friends was going on a bike ride around campus with some other interns, but at that point I was looking like a drowned rat so I passed that up for today. The cleaning ladies here are so nice and as I was walking back to my room after the pool one of them that always says hi to me make a noise like a splash and smiled at me! (At this point I was drenched and probably looking pretty funny because swimming is not the biggest thing over here.)
My friends got home about 7:15 p.m. and then we headed to supper. I had Chapati for the first time, which is just a tortilla-type whole wheat bread, and I am excited about that, it was good! It is supposed to be had with some of the dishes here because it helps with the spicyness.
Well, tomorrow is the take-off for "Operation Banana" so wish me well! My plan for the summer is to pilgrimage to the church in the morn, and then we are going to have a Fourth of July pool party we think - with our Indian friends to share some culture! I'll let you know that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment