Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30, 2010

Posing by the ICRISAT sign (obvious probably!)
This is the Ganesh statue again - rituals take place here and they decorate it with flowers and draw some symbols on it too. (And of course, my hat: went from stylish to park ranger in one day! Tear, tear!)

How are those pointed toes, Connie?!?!
Having fun at the pool :)
(You should see the close-up facial expression on this picture. . .oh wait, you shouldn't. It is quite humerous though!)

Today I caught up from all of the birthday festivities. I slept in this morning - my alarm must not have woken me up, so I missed breakfast. Still made it to work on time, so that was good. It was actually ok I missed breakfast because we have tea break at 9:30 anyway and the birthday meal was late last night. My roommate at work is so nice, and we talked more today. She was selected for this prestigious program where the top 20 students from India in agriculture got to go to the U.S. for fifteen days to a program with Cornell University. It was really neat to hear more about it and it is cool that she has been to my home country and now I am in hers!
I have been doing this plan called "Operation Banana" here lately. At the cafeteria, I always get a few extra bananas and I am stockpiling them. On Sunday I am going to give them to the little boys from the village if all goes according to plan. I keep them in the fridge on our floor so no worries about pests!
Today I was getting pretty sluggish at work so I had a quick lunch and came back to the room for a thirty minute pick-me-up. I am really lucky that everything is so close here - I am a hop, skip, and a jump away from all of the main places. That was the perfect remedy for me and I then was prepared to continue working on my proposal. (I know what you are thinking: "Wait, I though you finished that!" Yes, well me too! I am now working on revising it before sending it off so I will continue work on that tomorrow. (I got feedback from another member of the climate change team.) I will probably not end up sending it until Friday with my second weekly progress report. Professor Suda returned to work today, the real one this time, so I got to meet the man whose seat I used to sit in. (He was really nice.) Hopefully now Andre, the other intern downstairs, will not feel so lonely!
Today I got told I looked like a park ranger with my hat, which was hilarious and very true. I guess a green WFP polo tucked in, belt, tan capris, and leather sandals does not jive with the hat! They said I looked too classy to be a cowgirl though, so that was a positive thing! There was a bad smell on campus today midday during work. Someone told me they thought there was some bad-smelling type of tree burning or something, so I was happy that didn't hang around forever. After work we went swimming, again! It is a perfect destresser (and de-sweat-er!) at the end of a big day. Then we had a good supper and I had a little run-in with the cats which sometimes lurk around! It was very interested in my bananas I was depositing in the fridge. Maybe it is going to blow "Operation Banana". . . but hopefully not! I am off to bed early tonight in hopes to wake up early tomorrow morning and get some work done (before work!). Maybe call home too if my early alarm wakes me up. It is hard for me to get home early enough from work to talk to Mom before work. I am always staying after to finish "one last thing!" Well better head to bed and sleep fast. Too many fun things to do in one day!
Nighty-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment