Sunday, June 20, 2010

June 18: The Trip Begins! Continued


I have safely arrived at O'Hare Airport in Chicago, IL. The trip is going well so far, after meeting my great plane friends. They were going to the same concourse as me (Concourse C), so we ended up having another chat when we passed each other here. I even got a picture of the two of them before we parted. I am now just waiting in the concourse for the flight to Germany at

my gate. However, the weather has just taken a turn for the worse. A big turn! There is a full-out torrential downpour occurring outside right now - along with high winds, thunder, and lightning. Hopefully my flight will not be delayed, considering I already have only an hour and ten minutes to catch my connecting flight there. (In Frankfurt, which is, by the way, one of the largest international airports in the world!) A delay here would mean I would almost certainly miss my flight to Shamshabad from Frankfurt. I held off to read the envelopes Mom and Dad gave me until just a few minutes ago. The wait was well worth it. I was happy I saved my napkins from the flight because they served as a good substitute for a tissue! They were the sweetest notes and really meant a lot to me, Mom and Dad. (Mom, I don't think I have ever found that one, and Dad, I have seen that prayer hanging and always loved reading it aloud. Now that I know the story, I like it even more! Thank you both for your loving words!) Anna also has a video surprise I am still waiting to watch. I think I will watch it upon arriving in India. (Or at least after catching up from jet lag.) Speaking of jet lag, I am getting a little sleepy now and haven't even lost any hours yet! Mom and I had a rather late night last night, and I decided to bake some bread for Anna at midnight, which didn't help matters either! I better get up and check the status of my flight! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment